Founded in 2010, ethicalDeal set out on mission to make greener choices more accessible to the mainstream. The top 3 reasons preventing people from making greener choices are price, education and trust. ethicalDeal removes those barriers. Today, we represent the largest community of eco-shoppers in Canada and are an award-winning digital marketing platform for natural brands.
We’re passionate about helping people discover greener choices for themselves and their families. We are committed to delivering a great experience for our shoppers and vendors. We’re entrepreneurial types that are driven to meet goals not just put in the hours. We’re growing and need talented people to help us achieve our goals.
Want to promote greener choices and grow your career? Always feel free to say hello at careers@ethicalDeal.com
Production Coordinator for ethicalDeal/ Full-Time/ Vancouver, BC
You are responsible for producing effective content efficiently in collaboration with others. We currently produce an average of 20 promotional campaigns a week ranging from deals to video reviews to contests to dedicated email campaigns. The whole process requires someone with superior coordination and multi-tasking skills as well as a strong attention to detail to ensure each and every promotion goes live without any hitches. If you’ve been commended for your exceptional attention to detail, strong logistics and coordination skills and ability to write and edit copy then you’re what we’re looking for. If your dream job is editor-in-chief or operations manager this position will fast-track you there.
• Manage several production schedules (promotions, blogs etc.)
• Work with sales, marketing, writers and designers to create effective promotions
for clients ranging from start-ups to national brands
• Maintain the ethicalDeal voice, standards and brand in all copy; editing other people’s work for quality and consistency
• Give sales/writers/designers constructive feedback to ensure production quality is maintained; develop content templates and training manuals as necessary
• Edit content - you are the last eyes on any content before it goes live!
• Publish each promotion through our content management system with sharp attention to detail to minimize errors
• Send digital proofs to clients and update ads with their feedback
• Optimize publishing processes to be as efficient and effective as possible
• Analyze and test copy to increase conversions and click through rate
Our ideal candidate:
• Lives our brand (healthy green lifestyle)
• Has experience in a small business or start-up environment
• Has proven ability to own business critical processes end-to-end
• Is an organized self-starter with a “Get ‘er done” and “can-do!” attitude
• Has experience in a fast-paced media environment
• Has a Diploma or degree in communications or business administration
• Has experience with digital publishing, editing, operations or project management
• Has good interpersonal and clear communication skills
• Is committed to producing quality work
• Incredible attention to detail, organization skills and multi-tasking abilities
• An ability to meet tight deadlines
• Works well independently and as a team player
• Experience with Photoshop, Indesign will be considered an asset
- Early employee stock options
- Great startup culture - team events, beer Fridays, healthy snacks
- Gastown office near public transit and yummy food
- Meaningful work in a growing company
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to careers@ethicalDeal.com Position is available to start Jan 2, 2014. Interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.