How to make grilled pizza on the BBQ – by ethicalDeal guest blogger Katrina Roberto
(Photo by Katrina Roberto)
Sunshine, cocktails and pizza on the barbie—summer has finally arrived on the west coast! With a new barbecue on the balcony, we have been pumped to make almost everything on it. Our latest creation has been a delicious BBQ pizza paired with a yummy peach salsa. I loving cooking on the BBQ because when it’s smoking hot out (rare occasion in Vancouver but when it happens), you don’t even have to turn on the oven! Making pizza on the grill will also give it a more flavorful, authentic taste. Below you will learn how to create your own homemade BBQ pizza.
2 tsp. of yeast
2-3 cups of flour
½ tsp. of salt
½ tsp. of sugar
1 tbsp. of olive oil
¾ cup of warm water
1 garlic clove
1 small onion
1 medium carrot
1 stalk of celery
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. of olive oil
2 tbsp. of fresh basil
1 tsp. of tomato paste
2 tbsp. of fresh parsley
1.5 – 2 lbs. of fresh tomatoes
The options are endless but I like to use:
Hot banana peppers
Daiya dairy-free cheese shreds
1. Chop all the vegetables needed for the sauce and toppings.
2. Using a blender, place all the sauce ingredients within and blend.
3. For dough, dissolve yeast in warm water. Combine sugar, salt, oil, flour and knead with your fingers—add more flour if needed to obtain the right texture. Move dough to a bowl and store in a warm spot for 15 minutes to let it rise.
4. Prep the grill—douse your BBQ with olive oil and set it to a medium heat.
5. Divide dough as you wish to your desired thickness and transport to grill on a flour-covered cutting board. Cook dough until it is lightly browned (approximately 2-3 minutes, this will vary depending on your BBQ)
6. Remove crust from the grill and add your toppings to the grilled side. Only needs to cook for an additional 5-7 minutes!
About the author:
Tags: BBQ Pizza katrina roberto recipe