(Photo by Pudelek [GFDL] , via Wikimedia Commons)
Every time you spend money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Everyday, the team at ethicalDeal is inspired by people choosing to vote for fair working conditions, pesticide free farming, sustainably harvested seafood and more. Thank you for supporting our mission of making green mainstream.
Earth Day is a great time to make eco resolutions. To celebrate Earth Month here are 30 eco-resolutions to help you live a green lifestyle that’s kind to yourself and the planet 365 days a year!
1. Pack 100% reusable lunches by using eco-friendly, washable, reusable lunchbags, thermoses, and snack containers instead of plastic baggies and disposable lunch bags.
2. Go out to eat less and make your own food
4. Live in an apartment? Plant a balcony garden
7. Know where your food comes from – support fair trade!
13. Foster an animal
14. Plant a tree – it’s easier than you think!
15. Give away unused or old items on FreeCycle.org
17. Make DIY household cleaning products and beauty products. Check out our friend the Queen of Green’s DIY recipes
19. Learn to cook a few new veg dishes
20. Collect canned goods rather than candy next Halloween
21. Use eco-friendly gift wrapping
23. Replace pharmaceuticals with natural remedies
26. Choose to cloth diaper your babe
27. Learn how to eat healthy without breaking the bank
29. Avoid preservatives, make your own condiments, sauces and more!
30. Tell your friends to join ethicalDeal so they can discover greener choices for everyday living at 50-90% off!
“In honour of Earth Month, I want to invite people that are new to our community to get $5 towards their first purchase on ethicalDeal with promo code EARTHWEEK. (*Expires April 30, 2014. New users only.)”
Here’s to green living made easy and fun!
About the Author:
Annalea Krebs - Founder and CEO
Tags: Annalea Krebs earth day earth month earth week