Founded in 2010, ethicalDeal set out on mission to make greener choices more accessible to the mainstream. The top 3 reasons preventing people from making greener choices are price, education and trust. ethicalDeal removes those barriers. Today, we represent the largest community of eco-shoppers in Canada and are an award-winning digital marketing platform for natural brands.
We’re passionate about helping people discover greener choices for themselves and their families. We are committed to delivering a great experience for our shoppers and vendors. We’re entrepreneurial types that are driven to meet goals not just put in the hours. We’re growing and need talented people to help us achieve our goals.
Want to promote greener choices and grow your career? Always feel free to say hello at careers@ethicalDeal.com
Digital Marketing Internship >
You’re looking to build a career in digital marketing and want to use your skills to promote healthy green living. The ideal candidate is someone with a marketing background and real-world experience with social media and graphic design.
You can create images in Photoshop that catch the eye, create Facebook updates people love to share, schedule like a pro on Hootsuite, and you might be slightly addicted to Pinterest. But you’re looking to learn more, apply your skills, and challenge yourself!
Our interns don’t fetch coffee. You’ll be responsible for supporting the ethicalDeal team with your marketing and design skills.
- Engaging our 20,000 social fans daily with interesting and on-brand content
- Supporting our community manager with the implementation of our #30DaysofGreenerChoices Earth Month challenge
- Sourcing, editing and creating images/graphics in Photoshop for our promotions, blog posts, contests, marketing materials etc.
- Experience with Adobe indesign is a definite asset
- Other marketing tasks as required
What’s in it for you? 3 month paid internship experience related to your career goals - put your skills into action with real world, on the job experience, and professional work to add to your marketing and design portfolio. This summer internship is 30 hours/week at $10.25/hour. You will also receive a $1,000 educational credit that you can use towards professional development courses that you take within your 3 month internship experience.
You must meet these internship requirements:
- Unemployed, 15 to 29 years of age
- Not currently receiving or eligible for EI and have not received EI in the past 36 months or 60 months for a parental claim
- Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school or returning to school
- Resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
*Please note a computer is required for work use.
If this sounds like your dream internship and you meet the position requirements (see above) then email us with your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: Summer Marketing Intern. The application deadline is March 30, 2014. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter. The preferred start date is on or before April 15, 2014.