Founded in 2010, ethicalDeal set out on mission to make greener choices more accessible to the mainstream. The top 3 reasons preventing people from making greener choices are price, education and trust. ethicalDeal removes those barriers. Today, we represent the largest community of eco-shoppers in Canada and are an award-winning digital marketing platform for natural brands.
We’re passionate about helping people discover greener choices for themselves and their families. We are committed to delivering a great experience for our shoppers and vendors. We’re entrepreneurial types that are driven to meet goals not just put in the hours. We’re growing and need talented people to help us achieve our goals.
Want to promote greener choices and grow your career? Always feel free to say hello at careers@ethicalDeal.com
Business Development & Sales Lead - Full Time, Vancouver, BC >
Over 100,000 Canadian eco and health conscious consumers subscribe to ethicalDeal.com to discover, learn about and try greener choices ranging from organic skincare and vegan snacks to eco cleaning products and health supplements. Our green living blog has a growing following and our social media reach is over 20,000 strong. In 2013, we were recognized as BC's Top Online Marketer!
This year, we're expanding our advertising offerings to include product sampling, social media contests, newsletter ads, dedicated emails, sponsored blog posts, monthly e-guides, video reviews and branded recipes.
About the position:
ethicalDeal is seeking a passionate business development specialist to sell our exciting new offerings to natural and organic brands across the country. You will be selling digital advertising packages to regional and national consumer brands in the natural and organic space (think of the brands sold at Whole Foods). You should have a proven track record of sales success, ideally with consumer brands, and an interest in healthy living.
This is a full-time position, based in downtown Vancouver. Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus uncapped commission and bonuses for hitting sales targets. We're looking for someone to grow with us so employee stock options are part of this exciting opportunity.
- Close, close, close.
- Meet or exceed targeted sales goals
- Identify and cold call prospects to develop new business
- Develop, prospect and manage account list
- Sell online packages to brands you would find at Whole Foods (food, skincare, household, baby etc)
- Develop and build strong relationships with clients
- Negotiate and structure sales agreements
- Provide thorough customer follow up
- Record sales activity in CRM
- Work with marketing team to support sales objectives and goals
- You're a closer that lives and breathes sales - proof required (proven track record or recommendations/referrals)
- Ambitious, professional, attentive and persuasive
- Able to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- Coachable, implement feedback, and are dedicated to consistent self improvement
- You dot the i's and cross the t's and return all your voicemails by 5pm every day
- An interest in healthy living - bonus if you've worked in the natural/organic product industry
- 2+ years sales experience - bonus if have agency or digital media sales experience
- Proven track record of sales success with high close ratio
- You get a rush when you make a sale or land a great meeting
- A diploma or bachelor degree and a strong business acumen
- Superb writing and communications skills
- Experience with a CRM a bonus
Send us your resume and a cover letter with why you're the right fit.
Lead Backend Web Developer, Full-Time, Vancouver, BC >
ethicalDeal is looking for a backend web developer to support our next phases of growth. You would be working on a brand-new codebase, with a huge opportunity to guide our technical direction.
Are you passionate about writing clean code, building lean products and solving challenging technical problems? Are you excited about the opportunity to join a start-up, have a huge impact and create something that 100,000+ people will use in the first year of launch?
Why work with us?
ethicalDeal is an award-winning digital marketing platform for natural brands, reaching the largest community of health and eco shoppers. We are leveraging our expertise in social marketing and are excited to be building a word-of-mouth marketing platform that will change the way that brands market their products. Think Yelp for products. We are backed by Growlab - Canada's leading accelerator (think the Canadian version of YCombinator).
- Providing technical leadership
- Overseeing product pipelines and communicating progress
- Designing high quality applications that are highly scalable and extensible
- Estimating, tasking and prototyping
- Contributing clear and maintainable code to a shared codebase
- Investigating, learning and applying new technologies/processes
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL
- Comfortable with Linux and managing a cloud environment, ideally AWS
- Proficient in defining and using APIs, especially those using REST
- Proficient at Git and very comfortable managing a continuous integration process
- Expert in at least one server-side language and MVC framework and comfortable learning new technologies
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
Benefits & Perks:
- Early employee stock options
- Competitive salary
- Passionate team
- Gastown office with Foosball table, beer Fridays, healthy snacks
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com and tell us:
- A little bit about yourself
- Why you're interested in working at ethicalDeal
- Projects or hacks you're especially proud of
- Code snippets or your github
- Resume or Linkedin Profile